Sunday, November 9, 2008

This is the week

Everyone, I'm so excited...it's finally come down to the week of the 60 mile walk. From Friday to Sunday, I will be walking about 20 miles a day and camping with all the other walkers. In the 3-day Susan G. Koman walk for the cure. This is more than the race for the cures...the distance is longer and the fundraising goal is higher. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and so this walk as a lot of importance to me. But one in seven women will be diagnosed with breast cancer so this is something that more than likely will affect each and everyone of us in one way or another.
Part of my preparation for the walk included raising money and I am still a little ways away from my goal. Here is where I come to you...I know money is tight for some of us...probably most...but look at your budget and see if you might even be able to donate a few dollars. If we are all able to donate even just a few dollars it would add up fast and we could make a great stride towards finding a cure for breast cancer.
If you are not able to I completely understand...but I want to feel like I am doing my part in this fight. And in addition to donating my money, time and probably the comfort of my feet for a while after the walk I knew I could spread the word and get those who are able to help fight against breast cancer.
you can, click here to donate, if you are able.
and please spread the word to those you know that might be able to help.
I just hope and pray that the money raised can go towards the research that will find a cure so that my children might live in the day were breast cancer can be easily beaten.

thanks for listening to my rambling and for those of you who donate and/or spread the word about raising money for the Susan G. Koman foundation.

No comments: