Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tomato Soup Recipe.

quite a few of you had been asking about the tomato soup I brought to the relief society activity...so I thought I'd just post the recipe on the blog.
it's really easy, and it's from Rachel Ray...maybe it's really easy because it's from Rachel Ray.

Ingredients:
2 (15 oz) containers of chicken or vegetable stock/broth (I used the chicken broth)
1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes (I used the italian ones you find right next to the plain canned tomatoes)
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper
and
20 leaves fresh basil for garnish (I blended some up into the soup too)

Combine broth and tomatoes in medium sauce pan over med/high heat. When bubbles start, stir in cream and reduce heat to low. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Now the recipe says to puree soup with an immersion blender, which I did. But I think it would work to do in a stand up blender too, you might just need to divide the recipe to do it.
And there you have it! Place the basil garnish on top, and serve.

YUMMY!

No comments: